Colorado Trail Rides
Unique Rocky Mountain Horseback Riding
Imagine navigating your own path through gorgeous aspen groves, up mountaintops, and across wildflower fields while soaking in the sunshine. You might see one of several historic 1800’s pioneer homesteads and hear about the local flora and fauna. If you’re lucky, you could experience a beautiful rainbow after a refreshing sprinkle or catch a glimpse of wildlife peacefully enjoying their natural habitat on one of our NON-nose-to-tail trail rides. We have happy, healthy equines for all abilities and we personally choose each rider's horse according to their needs. While exploring our vast mountain ranch, you are encouraged to ride off the trails wherever the terrain allows.
The minimum age for Trail Rides is 8 years old.
Due to our concern with the risk to your child's safety, we do not offer any double riding. We also do not currently offer any pony rides. Children 8-12 years old are required to wear a helmet which is provided free of charge upon check-in at the ranch.
Trail Rides - 1 Hour
- Check-In 2:30pm
- Departs 3:00pm
Book online now!
Trail Rides - 2 Hour
- 10 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. ride times offered.
Book online now!
Trail Rides - 3 Hour
- Check-in 9:00 a.m
- Departing 9:30 a.m
Book online now!
Policies- See FAQ page for more detailed information
- Weight limit varies as we go by a Body Mass Index of 35 or less. So as an example, if a rider is 5'1", they cannot exceed 185 pounds. It is a height/weight combination that matters for guest and horse safety. In addition, the maximum they can carry is 230 pounds if you are a tall guest. If you are close to the limit, please call to check for availability. We weigh riders at check-in and if you exceed the limits WITH your clothes and shoes on, you cannot ride and no refunds are given. It is your responsibility to know your current weight/BMI before arriving at the ranch to avoid any dissapointments. We have had to turn people away at check-in and want to avoid this situation.
- Age minimums are 12 years old for Cattle Drives and 8 years old for Trail Rides.
- Please leave your dogs at home! We love dogs and do not wish to see them left in a hot car. Non-ranch dogs pose a safety risk around horses.
- We ride in all weather including rain and snow.
- Weather cancellations shall be at the sole discretion of the Rusty Spurr Ranch.
- Please remember that the weather patterns in this area are highly localized and more often than not it is sunny here when it is raining in the ski area towns. Check out our 5 day local weather forecast on the Home Page.
- All rides require advanced reservations to ensure availability.
- All reservations are subject to a 48-hour cancellation policy.
- Private rides require a two-person minimum.
- We include a 10% gratuity for parties of 7 or more. For unaccompanied children, we include a 15% gratuity.
Rusty Spurr recommendations for the best ride possible:
- Long pants and jackets or layers
- Bug Spray, sunblock and a water bottle
- Cameras are a MUST!
- Sneakers or cowboy boots strongly recommended
- NO sandals, clogs or high heels. NO heavily treaded hiking boots as they won’t fit in the stirrups
- Backpacks not recommended; we provide saddle bags on each horse
*Prices subject to change at any time