Team Building, Family Reunions and Groups
Unique Colorado Horseback Activities for Businesses or Larger Groups
We can offer all of our activities here at the Rusty Spurr Ranch for larger groups. We have hosted successful corporate outings, family reunions, bachelor/bachelorette parties, and birthdays.
If you would like to have a ranch outing for your group, please contact us to discuss details. We can provide horses, meals and other western activities for your special event (No wagons currently).
If your group is searching for a unique team building activity, the Rusty Spurr Ranch cattle drive is the winning idea. This authentic western experience caters to those looking for a fun and interactive outing with their staff. The very nature of a cattle drive is a team-building experience; between horse and rider as well as between the individuals and their group. This activity typically involves 3 - 4 hours of riding however trip duration can be modified to your specifications. We can accommodate up to 25 riders on each Cattle Drive. We can also provide trail ride/cattle drive combinations or trail rides for larger groups.
- PRICE: Handled on a per request basis. Contact us at 970-724-1123 or e-mail email@example.com
- Weight Limit is 230 pounds or max BMI of 34
Team Building Focal Points
Policies- See FAQ page for more detailed information
- Weight limit varies as we go by a Body Mass Index of 34 or less. The maximum they can carry is 230 pounds if you are a tall guest (at least 5'9"). We weigh riders privately at check-in and if you exceed the limits, you cannot ride and no refunds are given. It is your responsibility to know your current weight/BMI before arriving at the ranch to avoid any disappointments.
- Age minimums are 12 years old for Cattle Drives and 8 years old for Trail Rides.
- Please leave your dogs at home! We love dogs and do not wish to see them left in a hot car. Non-ranch dogs pose a safety risk around horses.
- We ride in all weather including rain and snow.
- Weather cancellations shall be at the sole discretion of the Rusty Spurr Ranch.
- Please remember that the weather patterns in this area are highly localized and more often than not it is sunny here when it is raining in the ski area towns. Check out our 5 day local weather forecast on the Home Page.
- All rides require advanced reservations to ensure availability.
- All reservations are subject to a 48-hour cancellation policy.
- Private rides require a two-person minimum, or the single guest pays for 2 riders.
- We add a 10% gratuity for parties of 7 or more. For unaccompanied children, we add a 15% gratuity. Groups of 9 or more have a NON-REFUNDABLE 50% cancellation charge anytime after booking as large groups reserve many of our resources and are harder to fill last-minute.
Rusty Spurr recommendations for the best ride possible:
- Long pants and jackets or layers
- Bug Spray, sunblock and a water bottle
- Cameras are a MUST!
- Sneakers or cowboy boots strongly recommended
- NO sandals, clogs or high heels. NO heavily treaded hiking boots as they won’t fit in the stirrups
- Backpacks not recommended; we provide saddle bags on each horse