Here at the Rusty Spurr Ranch, the health, safety, and welfare of our guests, staff, and horses has always been our top priority. As we all work to slow the spread of COVID-19, you can feel confident knowing that you chose a well-spaced outdoor activity with a company that has never compromised on safety.
As this situation is constantly changing, we will adjust to whatever is deemed necessary so that we can continue to offer safe horseback activities to our guests this season. We are currently instituting the following measures for the upcoming season:
• We are closed for the winter and will reopen for our horseback trips in mid-May of 2021. We operate until late September.
• All groups will be checked in on an individual basis and outdoors whenever possible. At times when it becomes necessary to move indoors, all parties will be kept appropriately distanced in our open-air building.
• All tack and gear (saddle, reins, helmets, etc.) will be sanitized immediately following each use.
• We will offer pre-packaged snacks and drinks for purchase. We will not be providing on-site prepared meals anymore but instead will be sending guests with included lunches to dine at our local Kremmling restaurants.
• Any facilities used by guests will be cleaned and disinfected more frequently and hand sanitizer will be available at all times.
• We will be implementing additional measures to ensure the sterility of all common contact points and surfaces. Payments and waivers have moved to online format.
• We will have extra benches spaced apart for families and groups to wait comfortably for their ride time.
• Guests are loaded individually on their horses and spaced according to current recommendations in the loading area.
• Horses are required to be well-distanced from each other to ensure rider safety; this has been one of our policies since the beginning. Plus, we encourage our guests to spread out wherever the terrain permits and ride off-trail.
We appreciate your decision to ride with us. Please feel free to call us with any questions or concerns at 970-724-1123.
Getting outside and seeing the beauty of the mountains from horseback is a perfect activity that keeps everyone appropriately distanced yet together. We all look forward to another wonderful summer on the ranch. By following the current mandates plus going above and beyond with our own procedures, we plan to continue offering amazing horseback adventures this season.