- $165/Person, offered June 1 through September 30
- Minimum age required is 12 years old
- Check-In at 8:30 a.m. Departs 9:00 a.m.
- Lunch Included - View Menu
Enjoy a truly unique experience by taking part in a western tradition. Mount up and ride with the Rusty Spurr's cowhands who will teach you how to help them gather and drive their herd on 10,000 acres of undeveloped, open range. What makes this activity genuinely special is that its very nature allows everyone from beginner to advanced riders to ride to their individual ability levels. A terrific opportunity for groups with mixed riding abilities! The drive involves 3 ½ - 4 hours of riding, with panoramic views of the Continental Divide and the Gore, Williams Fork and Never Summer mountain ranges. Riding terrain varies from open sagebrush plains to aspen and pine-covered hills. A homemade meal will await you upon your return.
- All rides require advanced reservations to ensure availability.
- All reservations are subject to a 48-hour cancellation policy.
- Private rides require a two-person minimum.
- Availability for riders over 230 lbs is limited. Horses cannot accomodate riders over 300 lbs.
- Age minimums are 12 for Cattle Drives and 7 for Trail Rides.
- Please leave your dogs at home! We love dogs and do not wish to see them left in a hot car. Non-ranch dogs pose a safety risk around horses.
- We include a 10% gratuity for parties of 7 or more. For unaccompanied children, we include a 15% gratuity. For groups of 8 or more, we require a NON-REFUNDABLE 50% deposit.
- We ride in all weather including rain and snow.
- Weather cancellations shall be exclusively the decision of the Rusty Spurr Ranch.
- Please remember that the weather patterns in this area are highly localized and more often than not it is sunny here when it is raining in the ski area towns.