- Adults $216.12/person* and kids 12 and under $192.71/person*
- Minimum age is 8 years old for Trail Rides
- All day adventure includes 2 hour trail ride, lunch, and afternoon raft trip on the Upper Colorado river
- Bring a change of non-cotton clothing and non-flipflop shoes that can get wet
The Saddle and Paddle: Best Of Colorado’s Outdoor Activities Combined
Horseback Riding and Colorado River Rafting Trips
For those who need to pack each vacation day to the fullest, we have the Saddle and Paddle all-day trip. There’s no better way to see Colorado in so many different environments (from mountains to rivers and everything in between) than this! We combine a 2 hour scenic mountain ride at Rusty Spurr Ranch and an afternoon of rafting on the Upper Colorado River with the experts at AVA Rafting. Check-in at Rusty Spurr Ranch’s private cabin for a beautiful, two-hour morning trail ride. Upon your return to the cabin, you will receive directions to the nearby town of Kremmling where you will have your Subway meal of choice waiting for you. After lunch, take a short drive over to the AVA Rafting headquarters in Kremmling where you will meet your guide. AVA Rafting will drive you to the put-in point and guide you down the scenic Upper Colorado River for your ½-day Class 1/Class 2 float trip. What better way to cool down and knock off the dust from the trail!
Policies- See FAQ page for more detailed information
- Weight limit is 230 lbs. in conjunction with a max BMI of 35 (Body Mass Index). If you are close to the limit, please call to check for availability. We will weight riders at check-in and if you exceed the limits, you cannot ride and no refunds are given. It is your responsibility to know your current weight before arriving at the ranch.
- Age minimums are 12 years old for Cattle Drives and 8 years old for Trail Rides.
- Please leave your dogs at home! We love dogs and do not wish to see them left in a hot car. Non-ranch dogs pose a safety risk around horses.
- We ride in all weather including rain and snow.
- Weather cancellations shall be at the sole discretion of the Rusty Spurr Ranch.
- Please remember that the weather patterns in this area are highly localized and more often than not it is sunny here when it is raining in the ski area towns. Check out our 5 day local weather forecast on the Home Page.
- All rides require advanced reservations to ensure availability.
- All reservations are subject to a 48-hour cancellation policy.
- Private rides require a two-person minimum.
- We include a 10% gratuity for parties of 7 or more. For unaccompanied children, we include a 15% gratuity.
Rusty Spurr recommendations for the best ride possible:
- Long pants and jackets or layers
- Bug Spray, sunblock and a water bottle
- Cameras are a MUST!
- Sneakers or cowboy boots strongly recommended
- NO sandals, clogs or high heels. NO heavily treaded hiking boots as they won’t fit in the stirrups
- Backpacks not recommended; we provide saddle bags on each horse
*Prices subjust to change at any time
<<Back to Rides and Rates