- 8:30 a.m. Arrive at the Rusty Spurr Ranch Cow Camp for check-in. All participants must sign waivers.
- 8:30-9:00 a.m. Wranglers will get acquainted with guests to best match each guest with an appropriate horse. Then group will be given verbal instructions on how they will be expected to handle cattle while horseback.
- 9:00 a.m. Mount-up and ride out of camp as group after tutorial on how to handle a cow horse.
- Upon locating cattle, group will break into 2 groups to gather cattle, during this time wranglers will provide a working demonstration and instruction.
- After gathering cattle, the 2 groups will reunite to move cattle to their destination together.
- Teamwork and communication are the keys to success here. Wranglers will do their best to answer questions with questions and facilitate communication.
- 12:00-1:00 p.m. return to Cow Camp for Western Lunch
Rusty Spurr recommendations for the best ride possible:
- Long pants and jackets
- Sun protection (sunblock, sunglasses, caps, etc.)
- Cameras are a MUST!
- Sneakers or cowboy boots strongly recommended
- Hiking boots or other heavy treaded footwear are discouraged
- NO sandals or clogs
The horses have a 230 lb. Weight limit
We ride in all weather. Weather cancellations shall be th